January 1, 2011. It’s the official beginning of my new challenge!! I have 365 days to read 100 books. I’m partaking in two reading challenges this year (that I’ve signed up for so far) so 11 of those books are the Jane Austen mystery series and 20 of them will be historical fiction novels. I’m excited that I’m mixing it up this year and doing some reading challenges as well. I think it will help keep me motivated throughout the year.
I’m really looking forward to some of the titles that I’ve decided to read this year. I have a very eclectic group to read so far. Some of the titles include:
- The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (It’s the 200 year anniversary of the book this year!)
- Little Children by Tom Perrotta
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding
- V For Vendetta by Alan Moore
- Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
- You Better Not Cry by Augusten Burroughs
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris
I have a much bigger list than this, but I’m really looking forward to the specific books above!
So now that my new challenge has begun I would like to encourage you guys to do your own challenges. You don’t have to read 100 books like I do, but you can do something similar to Todd and try for between 25 and 50. You are always welcome to post on the blog thoughts about your own reading challenges or about specific books.
If you decide to do a challenge: Good Luck and Happy Reading!